This is JoyStick Module PS2 Breakout Sensor very similar to the ‘analog’ joysticks on PS2 (PlayStation 2) controllers. Directional movements are simply two potentiometers – one for each axis. Pots are ~10k each. This joystick also has a select button that is actuated when the joystick is press down.
With the help of this Joystick Module, you can measure position coordinates on the X and Y axis by moving the “hat”. It also contains a switch that is press-able by pushing the “hat”.It also contains a switch that is press-able by pushing the “hat” down. Similar to the XBOX controller.
Specifications and Features:
- Dimensions: 40 x 27 x 15 (LxWxH) mm
- Weight: 10gm (without Hat).
- 2.54mm pin interface leads
- Operating Voltage: 5V.
- Long service life and stable performance
- Standard interface and electronic building blocks
- Widely use in Arduino DIY projects
- Cross rocker as a two-way 10K resistor, with the rocker in a different direction.