NOKIA 5110 DISPLAY
The name of this product itself is enough to explain its origin. Yes of course !!! this LCD module was used in old Nokia 5110/3310 cell phones. Now its been widely used by hobbyists for graphics, text etc.
Though it’s an industrial module, this LCD display is extremely easy to use. The Nokia 5110 is a basic graphic LCD screen for lots of applications. It was originally intended for as a cell phone screen.
This Nokia 5110 LCD Display Module is mounted on an easy to solder PCB. The Nokia 5110 LCD Module uses a Philips PCD8544 LCD driver, which is designed for mobile phones.
- 84 X 48 dot matrix LCD, can show 4 lines of characters.
- Use serial interface communicate with the master processor, the number of interface signal line reduced greatly, only 8 signal lines including power and GND.
- Support different types of MCU, such as the Arduino, AVR, SPI, MCS51 and so on.
- Transfer rate up to 4Mbps, can full speed write display data without waiting time.
- Can use the conductive glue to connect the module to the printed board, without cables. The metal hooks on the module can fix the module on the printed board, which is very easy to install and replace.
- LCD controller/driver chip has been bound to LCD chip, the volume of LCD is small.
- Low power supply, the working current in a normal situation is lower than 200µA and has the power-down mode.
- \”LIGHT\” linked with GND, the backlight to be lit.
- Need you to compress the screen and PCB tighter, might be got loose after the delivery.
- Use a 3.3V controller, otherwise, the display could be quite vague.