USB Host Shield For Arduino
he ADK USB Host Shield compatible with Arduino is based on the MAX3421E, which is a USB peripheral/host controller containing the digital logic and analog circuitry necessary to implement a full-speed USB peripheral or a full-/low-speed host compliant to USB specification rev 2.0.
It is compatible with more Arduinos – not only UNO and Duemilanove but also Mega and Mega 2560 work with a Standard variant of this shield out of the box. No more SPI re-wiring and code modifications – just solder included stackable connectors (2×3 ICSP connector’s female side should be facing down), plug and play! Using Arduino Compatible USB HOST function, let your Arduino communicate with other USB devices, and supports USB HUB function.
- Works with standard (dual 5/3.3V) and 3.3V-only (for example, Pro Arduino) boards.
- Operates over the extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range
- Complies with USB Specification Revision 2.0 (Full-Speed 12Mbps Peripheral, Full-/Low-Speed 12Mbps/1.5Mbps Host)
- Supports HID devices, such as keyboards, mice, joysticks, etc.
- Compatible with Mass storage devices, such as USB sticks, memory card readers, external hard drives (FAT32 Type File System – Mega Arduino only).